Event Details:2017 Iron Home Brewer Competition
Join us for the 3rd annual MHBA Iron Home Brewer Competition!
Sunday, September 10th is our 3rd annual Iron Home Brewer competition. This year we are doing it a bit different, we are unveiling the required ingredient now as to give everyone ample time to brew. The secret ingredient this year is HONEY. The event is being held outside, weather permitting, at Midwest Supplies in St Louis Park from 12 to 3pm and everyone is welcome! Midwest gives us a large parking lot space, so kids, bring your scooters and balls.
There will be two prizes for honey beers–one awarded by a panel of judges, and the other awarded by people’s choice. All homebrew is very welcome, and the club jockey box will be available. Anyone who brings at least 60 ounces of a particular beer will receive credit in the Brewers of Fame Program.
- This will be a club only contest that will utilize honey in the brewing process (beer only).
- Brewers will have from now until September 10th to brew any beer that they feel will work in harmony and exemplify the “required ingredient”.
- Brewers should bring at minimum 6 – 12 oz bottles or 1 – 64oz growler. We will have the club jockey box available for kegs as well.
There are two ways to win:
- We will have a panel of 3 qualified judges to select the Iron Home Brewer. The winner will win an MHBA Iron Home Brewer trophy and a $50 gift certificate to Midwest Supplies.
- We will also have a people’s choice award will win an exciting TBD prize!
If you have any questions about this event please e-mail Matt Weide.